Twitarded Goes to Forks Part Deux
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chloe Cougar joins the Gang!

+3
musingbella
Double_Dippin
Chloe Cougar
7 posters

Go down

Chloe Cougar joins the Gang! Empty Chloe Cougar joins the Gang!

Post  Chloe Cougar Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:25 pm

OK Twatwaffles, Imma join this forum even though I've no idea (as yet) whether I'm gonna make it to Forks2011 this year... Embarassed

I SO want to! But, as I'm from the UK, costs may prevent... I have a hubs and two teenage sons, but frankly, if I say I'm going to Forks, then I'm going to Forks - woe betide anyone who stands in my way!

What would really help me, would be to know whether it's better for me to book a flight from London, UK to somewhere on the East Coast, and then book an internal flight to Seattle. Would that work out cheaper? Does anyone know?

Added to that, I haven't flown to the States in over 10 years - am I likely to be spending my entire time suffering from jet lag? If so, I'll need to look at extending my stay... any ideas?

Oh,and then there's that little issue of a roomie Embarassed Any offers?

Cheers m'dears!

CC x

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Chloe Cougar joins the Gang! Empty Re: Chloe Cougar joins the Gang!

Post  Double_Dippin Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:06 pm

I think you and ICY should come together..And then find out who else is going to be traveling from the UK..I'm sure there is someone..Keep searching I know things will work out Sweden_Sara will be traveling from the UK too. Cool
Double_Dippin
Double_Dippin
Admin

http://tumblr.com/xaa177a79q

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Cougar Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Double_Dippin wrote:I think you and ICY should come together..And then find out who else is going to be traveling from the UK..I'm sure there is someone..Keep searching I know things will work out Sweden_Sara will be traveling from the UK too. Cool
O_o - yes, well, Icy and I don't live that far apart... but she's a celeb king and I'm not Neutral

No matter... I'll watch how things develop!

CC x

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Chloe Cougar joins the Gang! Empty *waves to Chloe*

Post  musingbella Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:36 am

Hey, bb! Well, if you end up coming and still need a roomie, as of right now, I have a spare bed (my original roomie ditched). Keep us posted!

musingbella

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Cougar Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:46 am

musingbella wrote:Hey, bb! Well, if you end up coming and still need a roomie, as of right now, I have a spare bed (my original roomie ditched). Keep us posted!

O_o! I feel it's all becoming real now! It would be just great to share with you! sunny I won't know for a while yet, whether I can really make it, but if you could give me an idea of cost, that would help...

CC x

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  musingbella Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:15 am

Oh noes! I've already had a taker. It looks like I'm sharing a room with a gal named Darcy - she's around here somewhere - she PM'd me yesterday and I meant to come back over here and update my thread. Sad Sorry! I'm sure others will need roommates, too, though - that's how it happened last year. But keep me posted, and I'll definitely try to help you hook up with someone!! (I mean, find a roomie, not "hook up" hook up. Wink)

musingbella

Back to top Go down

Chloe Cougar joins the Gang! Empty I have a room to share

Post  mamaliciouscullen Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:00 am

Hi Chloe! I have a room with 2 queen beds booked and I need a roomie, so You are welcome to share. My intro is over on the intro thread for more about me. But I will also add that I don't smoke, do like beer, also don't like being hungover (don't want to waste my first FORKS pilgrimage being sick!), and make funny noises in my sleep (according to my husband) Razz

Let me know what you think or if ya need more info!

Kristen

mamaliciouscullen

Back to top Go down

Chloe Cougar joins the Gang! Empty Re.: I have a room to share

Post  Chloe Cougar Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:56 am

And you're called Kristen? I can't believe my luck's in again Cool

OK, Kristen, (actually, my name's not really Chloe, but it'll do for now Wink ) I would love to share. I'm assuming you've booked at Twitarded HQ? If you could give me an idea of cost, that would help immensely - I'm putting together a Business Case to present to MrCC so that he has no possible way of scuppering my plans Razz

Next thing I have to work out is flights. I'll be coming over from the UK, so will probably aim to get to Seattle a little before Thursday (just so as I have a bit of time to get my ageing body clock sorted Shocked ). Carpool / ride will therefore be a bonus too (can someone hire a minivan? *looks around expectantly*).

Like you, I'm in my 40s. I have 2 teenage sons and live a closet Twitarded life Wink ). Anyhoo, let me know whether you've still got space and I'll start the next step of the plans!

CC x

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  Micki_Martini Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi CC!

It would be so awesome if you came to Forks! I can give you some rough numbers on costs of things if needed since I went last year. Forks Motel is around $100/night so divide that by the number of people sharing. I rented a Suburu Outback for 3 days and the total was $250 and we split that 4 ways (found riders to share on the forum). We filled the gas tank 1.5 times. Sightseeing is essentially free in Forks. Meals and drinks can be as much or as cheap as you like. I brought booze along and drank less at the bar. We stopped at the store and bought bagels and juice and snacks to eat so I only ate out 3 meals. There is a small refrigerator and a microwave in the motel rooms. Let me know if you need more info. Please feel free to email me at mickimartini1@gmail.com

Micki
Micki_Martini
Micki_Martini

http://h00rsanonymous.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Double_Dippin Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Chloe Cougar wrote:And you're called Kristen? I can't believe my luck's in again Cool

OK, Kristen, (actually, my name's not really Chloe, but it'll do for now Wink ) I would love to share. I'm assuming you've booked at Twitarded HQ? If you could give me an idea of cost, that would help immensely - I'm putting together a Business Case to present to MrCC so that he has no possible way of scuppering my plans Razz

Next thing I have to work out is flights. I'll be coming over from the UK, so will probably aim to get to Seattle a little before Thursday (just so as I have a bit of time to get my ageing body clock sorted Shocked ). Carpool / ride will therefore be a bonus too (can someone hire a minivan? *looks around expectantly*).

Like you, I'm in my 40s. I have 2 teenage sons and live a closet Twitarded life Wink ). Anyhoo, let me know whether you've still got space and I'll start the next step of the plans!

CC x
Double_Dippin: Hoping you make it.. Looking forward to meeting you. Very Happy
Double_Dippin
Double_Dippin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chloe Cougar joins the Gang! Empty It's still in the planning stages....

Post  Chloe Cougar Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 pm

I am so loving this forum! Very Happy It's made me realise that the only thing standing in my way is me, oh, and maybe that little thing called money Mad

However, we've a few months to go yet, so I'm busy squirreling away every little bit of spare cash I have. This will happen! And now I've made friends with SwedenSara on Twitter, I can pick her brains for travelling tips Very Happy

Fingers crossed I'll see you all later in the year! geek

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Cougar Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:37 pm

O_o Things are hotting up Very Happy I checked flight prices today and they're not looking as bad as I'd originally thought What a Face

Quietly squeeing inside, as I've yet to break the news to hubs.... sunny

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  Double_Dippin Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Chloe Cougar wrote:O_o Things are hotting up Very Happy I checked flight prices today and they're not looking as bad as I'd originally thought What a Face

Quietly squeeing inside, as I've yet to break the news to hubs.... sunny
Double_Dippin: Soooo Excited for you... Very Happy Keep savin..you'll wanna buy lot's -O-Booze.
Double_Dippin
Double_Dippin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stan Edbrella Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:15 am

Hello! Another Brit just signed up here! I'd love someone to travel with but am in Lancashire and won't be able to afford to travel down south too, to fly.

Anyway, nice to meet you! Hope you can make it.

Gemma x
Stan Edbrella
Stan Edbrella

http://www.edbrella.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Cougar Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 am

WooHoo! Another Brit! What arrangements have you made so far Gemma? Will you be flying from Manchester?

CC x

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  Stan Edbrella Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:39 am

I have a room thanks to BrandiJo, but that's all. Yes, I will be flying from Manchester but not sure where to yet. Ideally I'd like to fly to Portland to see Amy (Starlit Violets), but it will depend if I can pick up a lift from there to Forks, I really don't want to have to drive on the right!
Stan Edbrella
Stan Edbrella

http://www.edbrella.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Chloe Cougar joins the Gang! Empty Brace yourselves h00rs - it's getting real!

Post  Chloe Cougar Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:43 pm

So, for those of you who don't follow me on Twittah (and I'd like to ask: WHY don't you? Wink ) the good news is that I've not only broken the news properly to my darling hubs and sons, but I've also had my leave sanctioned at work!

No going back now What a Face

Still haven't booked flights, but I'm in discussion with LoriAnnTwiFan (who is one of my permanent betas - I love her so), and may well be flying via Atlanta, in order to meet up with her and her friend en route.

Stan Edbrella - what's your situ now? Still interested in flying together from Heathrow?

I can be pretty flexible with dates - though I need to double check what mamaliciouscullen has got booked for us at Twitarded HQ - and do I still have the offer of an airbed, spottysmom? Ideally, I'd flurve to meet with peeps in Seattle beforehand Very Happy

I can't begin to tell you all how excited I am!

CC / Neets xx

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  jussumchic Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:52 am

Chloe Cougar wrote:So, for those of you who don't follow me on Twittah (and I'd like to ask: WHY don't you? Wink ) the good news is that I've not only broken the news properly to my darling hubs and sons, but I've also had my leave sanctioned at work!

No going back now What a Face

Still haven't booked flights, but I'm in discussion with LoriAnnTwiFan (who is one of my permanent betas - I love her so), and may well be flying via Atlanta, in order to meet up with her and her friend en route.

Stan Edbrella - what's your situ now? Still interested in flying together from Heathrow?

I can be pretty flexible with dates - though I need to double check what mamaliciouscullen has got booked for us at Twitarded HQ - and do I still have the offer of an airbed, spottysmom? Ideally, I'd flurve to meet with peeps in Seattle beforehand Very Happy

I can't begin to tell you all how excited I am!

CC / Neets xx

Jussumchic: Hey CC, regarding those tickets. Mr.Chic used to travel frequently between the West Coast and Heathrow. The nonstop flights always seemed to be similarly priced as compared to those with stops in between and he always seemed to 'recover' from the journey better with fewer stops. As for jetlag, having done it myself a several times, I'd suggest sleeping based on when/where you are gonna land and grabbing some 5 Hour Energy drinks!

Not sure how much this will help at this point (especially since you may be flying via ATL) but thought I'd reach out. Good luck. I hope to meet you in FORKS!
jussumchic
jussumchic

Back to top Go down

Post  mamaliciouscullen Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:43 pm

hey CC! glad you have broken the news and are still here to tell the tale LOL! I have also not booked my flight yet - if you fly into atlanta, let me know and I will also get a connector there - as it seems i cannot get a direct flight from where i am - and even if it is longer flying time, i would rather meet up with some folk for most of the journey! Still have that 4-person room booked at Forks motel - and I may also try to get into Seattle a day before and meet up at the Mayflower where there will be a gang of ladies... Laughing

mamaliciouscullen

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Cougar Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:26 pm

jussumchic wrote:Jussumchic: Hey CC, regarding those tickets. Mr.Chic used to travel frequently between the West Coast and Heathrow. The nonstop flights always seemed to be similarly priced as compared to those with stops in between and he always seemed to 'recover' from the journey better with fewer stops. As for jetlag, having done it myself a several times, I'd suggest sleeping based on when/where you are gonna land and grabbing some 5 Hour Energy drinks!

Not sure how much this will help at this point (especially since you may be flying via ATL) but thought I'd reach out. Good luck. I hope to meet you in FORKS!
Hey Jussumchic, that's been really helpful! I hadn't even thought of trying to 'sleep ahead'! I hope to organise some of that melatonin stuff (Is that what it is? We can't buy it here in the UK) to try to help my body clock adjust, but having an action plan in advance will certainly be a bonus - as will the energy drinks! I don't usually drink sugary stuff (other than wine Razz ), but have been known to down a can of Relentless while driving overnight through France last year for our holidays.

Also good to know that the flight prices don't appear to differ much - I aim to make that my next task. It's on my 'To Do' list!

Looking forward to meeting you in Ffooorrrrkkkkkssssss! Very Happy

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Cougar Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:32 pm

mamaliciouscullen wrote:hey CC! glad you have broken the news and are still here to tell the tale LOL! I have also not booked my flight yet - if you fly into atlanta, let me know and I will also get a connector there - as it seems i cannot get a direct flight from where i am - and even if it is longer flying time, i would rather meet up with some folk for most of the journey! Still have that 4-person room booked at Forks motel - and I may also try to get into Seattle a day before and meet up at the Mayflower where there will be a gang of ladies... Laughing
I'll most certainly keep you informed, K Very Happy

I'm so bloody excited, it's proving very difficult keeping quiet about it all. But all I've really told people at work is that I'm travelling to the States. Of course, my husband knows I'm ultimately heading to Forks, but I doubt he has any idea just how raucous the trip is likely to be affraid

September can't come soon enough Cool

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  Double_Dippin Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Chloe Cougar wrote:
mamaliciouscullen wrote:hey CC! glad you have broken the news and are still here to tell the tale LOL! I have also not booked my flight yet - if you fly into atlanta, let me know and I will also get a connector there - as it seems i cannot get a direct flight from where i am - and even if it is longer flying time, i would rather meet up with some folk for most of the journey! Still have that 4-person room booked at Forks motel - and I may also try to get into Seattle a day before and meet up at the Mayflower where there will be a gang of ladies... Laughing
I'll most certainly keep you informed, K Very Happy

I'm so bloody excited, it's proving very difficult keeping quiet about it all. But all I've really told people at work is that I'm travelling to the States. Of course, my husband knows I'm ultimately heading to Forks, but I doubt he has any idea just how raucous the trip is likely to be affraid

September can't come soon enough Cool

So glad things are comming together ..whoo hoooo FOOORKSSS Very Happy
Double_Dippin
Double_Dippin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chloe Cougar joins the Gang! Empty Figured it was about time I showed my face....

Post  Chloe Cougar Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:10 pm

So, since things are hotting up in terms of my travel plans [though I have yet to actually book the flight(s) Shocked ] I figured it's about time I changed my avi, so that your h00rs actually recognise me when I arrive Smile

So, um, this is me... Embarassed

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  jussumchic Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:19 am

Chloe Cougar wrote:So, since things are hotting up in terms of my travel plans [though I have yet to actually book the flight(s) ] I figured it's about time I changed my avi, so that your h00rs actually recognise me when I arrive Smile

So, um, this is me... Embarassed

@CC - That's a really nice picture. Very photogenic. I can't wait to meet you!
jussumchic
jussumchic

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Cougar Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:56 am

jussumchic wrote:@CC - That's a really nice picture. Very photogenic. I can't wait to meet you!

Aw, thanks bb Very Happy that made me blush!

Chloe Cougar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum