Twitarded Goes to Forks Part Deux
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Tour from the ocean

2 posters

Go down

Twilight Tour from the ocean Empty Twilight Tour from the ocean

Post  jussumchic Wed May 25, 2011 10:29 pm

I found this cool La Push ocean tour and thought I'd share if anyone else wanted to contact them.

http://pacificcoastcharter.org/index.html
jussumchic
jussumchic

Back to top Go down

Twilight Tour from the ocean Empty Sounds like fun

Post  red_bella Thu May 26, 2011 10:55 am

The boat trip sounds like fun, depending on the weather. It's mighty cold and rough on the water around La Push. drunken

red_bella

Back to top Go down

Twilight Tour from the ocean Empty Re: Twilight Tour from the ocean

Post  jussumchic Thu May 26, 2011 10:09 pm

red_bella wrote:The boat trip sounds like fun, depending on the weather. It's mighty cold and rough on the water around La Push. drunken

@red_bella

I'd wondered about that but the captain assured me that he wouldn't be going out if the water was too rough and that warm clothes and a slicker would be plenty. Also, if we get too cold there is a cabin we can hide out in. The tour sounded so cool I figured I could deal with it.

I'm assuming you've been to Forks before and could give me some advice? Should I scrap the idea altogether? It is a 'twilight' tour in theme and schedule. The tour is supposed to begin around 5pm and end around 8p.
jussumchic
jussumchic

Back to top Go down

Post  red_bella Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:59 am

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Yes, I've been there before and I live in Canada about 100 miles north of Forks. The area is good for surfing which means good waves, which means unless your use to being on the water it could be a rough ride. I don't know what part of the world you hale from, but it could mean sea sickness. If its a warm day and the water is calm, the tour by water would be really cool to do. Check out the first beach webcam http://www.forkswa.com/visiting-forks/webcamsontheolympicpeninsula/220 and judge for yourself. Very Happy

red_bella

Back to top Go down

Post  jussumchic Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 am

red_bella wrote:Sorry it took me so long to reply. Yes, I've been there before and I live in Canada about 100 miles north of Forks. The area is good for surfing which means good waves, which means unless your use to being on the water it could be a rough ride. I don't know what part of the world you hale from, but it could mean sea sickness. If its a warm day and the water is calm, the tour by water would be really cool to do. Check out the first beach webcam http://www.forkswa.com/visiting-forks/webcamsontheolympicpeninsula/220 and judge for yourself. Very Happy

@red_bella - Thank you. That was an informative response that was totally worth the wait! I WISH I'd thought of that webcam! I've spent a lot of time watching the water of lakes, rivers, and the ocean on my tv. Other than that, I grew up in landlocked midwest US so am a pool girl. Now I'm a bit apprehensive and second guesssing my adventure. Thanks for filling me in. I do appreciate it greatly! Now, I'm off to go research 'sea sickness' and determine if it is worth it. Laughing
jussumchic
jussumchic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down